Followers

Tuesday 20 November 2012

My Creative Landscape Project!

This project is all about creative landscape, making the original image, which was just a river with a view of the country side of multiple of beautiful Autumn colours. I added the bridge, the lamppost, the gates under the bridge, green plants on the right bottom corner and the houses and church on top the hill. 
I have played on Photoshop before but not to this level and discover a number of skills you can to manipulate an image to create such a unique image. People freak out on there first time with Photoshop like it there world worst enemy, I was one of them but once you discover what tools does what and how to create the image in your head on Photoshop you start to amaze yourself and discover actually Photoshop is awesome. I am not the best Photoshop editor but I am still learning and finding out how tools still work. People say how do you learn Photoshop? Best way is just grab a image you really like and do not be afraid to really go to town with the image playing with every tool you can find to see how they work, yes there are tutorials on the web and they do help out if you follow the steps, so there are a number of way how you can learn. I find the more experience you have on Photoshop the more helpful it will be for you.

   


 First I researched a number of artist and photographers that used landscapes or cityscapes in a creative manor just to get some ideas what I wanted to create for my creative landscape the image above I created this effect using a number of artist style such as, David Hockney with the jigsaw looking cubism style and Peit Mondrian with the boarding of black around the edges of each section of the cubism.
Then putting my own style using the colour balance tool on Photoshop to make each section a different shade of colour which I find a bit of Picasso style showing cubism which I did not intend to do but having a play can lead you to better ideas or in fact a pleadable image.
At this stage of my progress I was happy with what I created but was not 110% satisfied and knew I could improve on the photo but was struggling to find out what was my photo missing?




After going back to my research board and the list of my favourite artist I then began to research Andy Warhol pop art style and got so excited to try the pop art style out on Photoshop and loved how it turned out and how it show in some areas a strong definition of pop art and other places you can still see its a photo more then a painting. I am so please how the photo I created turn out and I am going to use this image as 1 of my finals even though this was meant be a play on Photoshop. So 1 final image down 2 more to go!

I would like to say thank you for reading my blog and any questions on about this image feel free to comment and a cheeky follow, you will have to bare with me as I am really new to the blogging world and so far I am loving it. I also want to hear your feedback about my creative landscape, what do you think of it? what do you like about it? What do you dislike about it?

Thanks again for your time!!!

Lots of love Millichocochips 
.X. 

No comments:

Post a Comment